Another Week

And so here we stand, looking into the unknown:

Another long week stretched out before us,

A vast plane of uncertain possibility.

 

Just out of view, the minutes are neatly stacked,

Each patiently waiting for its allotted time.

With every tick of the clock,

They creep steadily closer to revealing their lot.

 

Who knows what they will hold?

Dull monotony for seven long days,

Or shock and surprise at every hour?

The sense of anticipation is palpable.

 

Whatever happens to you and whatever happens to me,

I hope we'll have the strength to take the bad with the good.

I hope we'll have the grace to be thankful for the good amongst the bad.

I hope we'll take comfort in knowing that even in our loneliest moments, we never truly need be alone.

I hope we'll have hope that the next minute may bring something better,

And I hope we'll dare to believe that life might one day be wonderful again.

 

I can but hope.

Comments